Monday, June 22, 2009

GIFTS! GACK!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was nice my parents stopped by to see me yesterday I gave Mom her b-day gift and Dad his Father's Day gift both were a hit! I love giving gifts! Apparently I am very excited today! I can't seem to stop using the exclamation point! I digress back to gifts. As it is the topic of today's question!



Miss Fab,

I am you BIGGEST fan!!

I have a question for you.

My cousin had a baby back in December. In March my Aunts held a baby
welcoming party for him. I planned to go and even had a few gifts to
bestow upon the newest family member. But a unexpected problem
occurred and I couldn't go.

It's now June and I still have the gifts in a bag, undelivered to my
cousin. We don't see each other often, some of it due to family drama
that has come between some family members.

What do I do? Keep the gifts that the baby has probably grown out of?
Return them?

Thanks for your help!
Stuck With Gifts, CA




Dear Stuck,

I'm assuming (although I could be mistaken) that this family issue isn't between you and your cousin and you still like this cousin and would like to give her and her baby these gifts. Unfortunately, as you pointed out the baby has probably outgrown these gifts. In order to make this a more efficient process here's my plan; return the gifts and ask that the balance be placed on a gift card. Go to Hallmark and purchase an adorable, perhaps singing card (i love those), and send her the gift card. This way you get a chance to apologize via card and your cousin can spend the money on things she needs for the baby right now! Also, who doesn't like getting mail?!?


Kiss kiss,

Fab

No comments:

Post a Comment